5/24/2007

Another Random Topics Post

Because there's nothing here that's really interesting enough to get into in detail:

  • I spent all day yesterday at a local Microsoft office. I'm not 100% sure what I was supposed to take away, but the main thing I remember thinking was that they have a really cool demo room that's kinda like a little theater with "sets" so they can pretend to be in an office or telecommuting from home, etc. and go back and forth in the context of a single demo. It was snazzy. So, essentially the whole experience was very Microsoft: Lots of eyecandy, not a ton of content.
  • We had an outdoor lunch meeting today (a.k.a picnic). I got too much sun. Welcome to the first sunburn of the season!
  • It only took me 30 minutes to get home today. This the day before Memorial Day. No one was more surprised than I was.
  • However, this is balanced out by the fact that it took me an hour to get to work this morning and two hours to get to the Microsoft office yesterday. (I'd say MS is maybe 30 miles from my home.)
  • I'm not looking forward to seeing what traffic is like tomorrow. Though maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised again.
  • I'm still hacking up a lung randomly throughout the day. Have called the doctor to see if, after 7 days of antibiotics + 5 days previously, I shouldn't be feeling a wee bit better than I do. So far, no reply.
  • I didn't promise these would be interesting.
  • I think I will stop now.
  • Happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment