5/29/2007

Strange Candy

After lunch today (left over grilled chicken from yesterday and a salad - all in all, pretty tasty), I was still a little snacky and desirious of something sweet. So I wandered off to the vending machine, fully anticipating the purchase of a Snickers. Once there, however, my eyes landed on the Reese's Crispy Crunchy Bar. Curious, I peered in to read; "Made with chocolate, crispy peanut butter candy, creamy peanut butter, chopped peanuts."

So, deciding to be a bit brave, I went for that instead of the Snickers. I can't decide if I'm disappointed or not.

The chocolate covered peanuts that adorn the top and sides were lovely. The creamy peanut butter went well with them. It's the crispy peanut butter candy that leaves me wondering. If I were to try and describe it, I guess I'd compare it to the texture of a butterscotch candy, if you were to break it into chunks so you only got little crunchy bits. Except peanut butter flavored. It really made the whole texture of the candybar...slightly disturbing.

I don't think I'll try it again, thought it wasn't overtly bad. I just don't know that candy should send you spiraling into an afternoon of analysis.

Strange.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:12 PM

    I've never actually had that one. Sounds...um...interesting!

    I still like 100 Grand Bars, even though you don't see them all that much. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crispy Snickers is good - especially after refrigeration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, we have the 100 Grands in the vending machine, I was surprised. They are tasty!

    Janie, I'll have to look for those. It still surprises me how much better some candybars are when they're cold/frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Reeses peanut butter cups...Well, I used to when I could actually eat that kinda food :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:29 AM

    To me there's nothing better than a snickers bar. My boss and I will fight for the last one in the vending machine...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:19 PM

    Hmm, that doesn't really sound good to me. I'll stick with the standard Reeses. Yum...

    ReplyDelete