6/22/2007

Here's a Headscratcher For You...

As I perused MSN at lunch, the following headline caught my eye: Spice Girls to Reveal Future Plans.

My first thought was: I thought they broke up.
My second thought was: Dear me, no. Please say they're not reforming.
My third thought was: Dear me, no. Please say they're not reforming.

So I clicked the link and heaved a sigh of relief. They aren't actually revealing their future plans, they're setting a date on which they'll reveal future plans. A lot can change with that kind of fluidity. It's bad enough that we're going to be subjected to Posh rattling around in LA with her unkempt soccer playing husband (though let's face it, if a chest that plastic is going to look normal anywhere, it'd be LA.) And filming a reality show. And making Katie Holmes get really bad hairstyles so she fits in a little better. But do we really need them all? Back together and making "music" that only aerobics instructors really love?

Maybe if we're lucky, a Spice Girls reunion will simply be the ultimate in this year's vaporware.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:40 PM

    So tell me what you want, what you really really want...:p

    Ack! Say it isn't so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could've come up with that song (or any song by them) I would've had a much more creative title to this post...cause I'm thinking "What I really really want" would've been a great title.

    Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:26 PM

    From what I've read they are definitely considering it now that Mel C has changed her mind about participating (she was the holdout for a long time). Now she's on board with doing one, so it'll probably happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have one thing to say about this...Stop right now, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some like it spicy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never really got the Spice Girls.

    Did I miss anything?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janie, you're not missing a thing. Though if you're into aerobics, their music was good for that.

    Jaynee, that's about what I got from the article too. Goody. :)

    Rach, if I could make them, I would. Have no fear.

    ReplyDelete