6/18/2007

Hot, hot, hot, hot, hot

Gosh it's hot. Last week was so pleasant I was clearly lulled into complacency regarding memories of what summer around here is like. Today, summer was back in the fullness of its glory. Or the fullness of its sweat, whichever you prefer. I know it's not "offically" summer yet, but weather-wise...oh yeah...it's summer.

It didn't help that the AC in our office was out today. Mmm...stuffy, hot cubicles.

In other random thoughtprocesses as addled by the heat, why am I still getting mail with 39 cent stamps on them? Shouldn't they be returned to sender or something at this point?

Finally, Tim and I had planned to drag the puppies around the block after dinner - mostly in hopes of helping me remember that I'm tired and need to sleep at night (insomnia has been my good friend of late, I grow tired of her.) I'm wondering if simply sitting on the stoop for ten minutes might not have the same effect...at least sweat-wise.

I hope wherever you are, you are surrounded by cool, dry air.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:42 PM

    Hugs on the insomnia, and hope the AC is fixed at work tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are sleeping really well right now! You can have some of our cold if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Michelle -- I slept last night, so that's good! Maybe we're turning a corner.

    Rach - I would love some of your cold...send it our way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 102 yesterday; not sure it hit 100 today, but if not, it came really close.

    Of course, as they say, it's not the heat, it's the humidity. And when we have temps of...well, you lived in New Mexico – you know what I'm talking about! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eric, 98 w/100% humidity (no rain) day before yesterday, 102 same humidity yesterday. Though, I have to say...I lived in Los Alamos. If it got above 85 more than twice in a summer, it was a hot, horrible summer. Now, we did occasionally venture down the mountain into Albuquerque...and they certainly know about hot. But I will say the humidity here is what makes the difference to me - because you sweat sweat sweat and there's nowhere for it to go, so you just sit there dripping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That humidity is just brutal. I went to college in east Texas and learned to hate it. I guess I was born to be a desert rat.

    ReplyDelete