7/18/2007

A Quick Note (Before I Succumb To This Migraine)

We have a storm system rapidly moving in to the area. I know this not because I heard the weather forecast and not because I can see it out the window (I am not near any windows). No, I know this because it feels as if someone or something is attempting to suck my brain out through my left tear duct.

Hopefully we'll at least get some really good rain out of this. Otherwise I'm going to cry. (Actually, I might do that anyway. If I'm lucky I'll be able to hold off until I'm home. Which I think will be soon because there's no way I'm going to be productive until this is done.)

Anyway, the main thing I wanted to do was ask if you all would pray for my little puppy Meg again. She went for a regular checkup yesterday and they found she has a heart murmer that she didn't previously have, so it's off to the doggie cardiologist to see how bad it is and to speculate about whether it's the medication that keeps her kidneys functioning that is causing it. I don't know if I have to try and explain how pets fill the holes in the hearts of the infertile. But to me and Tim this really is akin to a sick child. And if that insults those of you with children I'm sorry but I hope you can try and understand. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. As a longtime pet owner and new parent, I can attest that while the pet-child does get relegated to mere pet status with the arrival of a child, the love for the pet does not wane. And no offense taken at all. She's your baby.

    Praying for your pup and for you and Tim. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent prayer your way. I know how it is when your pet is your baby :). Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Beth, I'm praying. Do keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete