7/21/2007

Quick Update on Doctor Who

I have now caught up on our Doctor Who episodes (though actually I think we recorded a new one last night that I'll not have seen yet - but we're basically up-to-date) and I'm trying to reserve judgment on Martha, the new Rose. But I think the fact that I feel obliged to call her "the new Rose" indicates that I'm not sold yet.

I do appreciate the fact that they're not rushing to try and create romance between the Doctor and Martha. In fact, they're even letting the Doctor, well, mourn if you will. And that's good and right and as it should be. Which makes it triply unusual, because generally TV show writers want to go "Ladedah - nothing new here, let's just jump into the new and forget the old." (Reference Monk, where the Sharona thing was basically "Nope she's gone, let's move on." and in one sentence just like that. Irritating.)

So, if you're a sci-fi fan and you're not watching the new Doctor Who, you really should be. It's quite fantastic (even with the new Rose). (And ladies, if you're not a sci-fi fan but your significant other is, get brownie points by watching along, because David Tenant is plenty of reasons all rolled into one to go ahead and watch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment