8/09/2007

Convection Cooking with Jacques

You might remember my new stove, Jacques. Well, it's official: I'm in love. This is the most wonderful appliance I have ever had in my kitchen - and that's saying something as I have a fridge I adore (one of these) and also my Cuisinart and my KitchenAid Mixer. So there is a lot of really cool appliance-ness going on. But Jacques rocks.

Until recently, most of my oven cooking has taken place in the smaller upper oven. Because when you're cooking for two, you don't really need all that oven real estate. (And that upper oven heats up super fast - so you don't spend as long with the house heating up because you're cooking.) The bottom oven is the only one with convection ability. I've never used convection before, and have been a little wary. However, a little research and on Monday I was ready to try it out.

Best. Pot roast. Ever.

And in...half the time? I need to repeat, just once more I think, how incredibly awesome that pot roast was. Crispy outside (as if you'd taken the time to sear it before popping it in the oven), juicy inside, and perfectly done. Yum yum yum.

I forsee a plethora of convection cooking in my future. And that is most definitely a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:47 PM

    well girl all i had to do was go come here and now i've offically started my....

    Dear Santa list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:55 PM

    I've had a bad convection oven in the past, so I'm a bit wary of them. Mine was just the size of a toaster oven, though, so maybe it was just a fluke. Glad you're enjoying yours!

    We have the same style of fridge (only I think ours is Maytag). I call it my Harlequin fridge, since I bought it with my first advance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes appliances for Christmas. :)

    Michelle - I've been wary as I've heard horror stories. So this is actually the first time I've used convection - and had I not been keeping an eye on it, it would most definitely have overcooked. Yay for the Harlequin fridge! :)

    ReplyDelete