10/30/2007

Like a Circle in a Spiral

After our family moved to Virginia, my sister and lobbied to go to Kings Dominion at least once each summer. It was always fun to ride the various roller coasters and the trip was almost always pleasant. One of our favorite rides was the one that was, essentially, a big centrifuge and you stuck to the walls as it spun and then they lowered the floor so you were hanging on the wall while it spun faster and faster and faster. It seems to me this was called something like the Time Machine...or something equally time travellish, but I could be off base - haven't been in ages. Anyway, one of the most fun things about this ride was that when you were done you spent the next five or ten minutes not quite sure if you could actually walk in a straight line because it generated incredible vertigo. (Well, for me it did.)

Today I have that exact same vertigo and I can't for the life of me figure out why. When I got up this morning it was mild and I attributed it to the fact that I used one of my evil sleeping pills last night in an attempt to get more than 20 minutes of consecutive sleep (a welcome change from the last too many nights to really count). So, thinking that it would get better as it wore off I toddled happily to work. Where it has proceeded to get worse with each passing hour. To the point that I actually missed my chair, landing rather unceremoniously on the floor, when I got back from the kitchen a few minutes ago.

Driving home should be fun.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:56 PM

    Yikes! Might want to go get that checked out in case it's an inner ear infection. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought of an ear infection - I'll keep an eye on it. I seem to be basically fine now so maybe the sleeping pill just took all day to wear off? Not sure. Definitely not taking one on a week night again though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sinus infection leads to ear infection. so i'd bet ear infection and that you need yet another round of antibiotics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was about to say ear but me thinks I've been beaten to it...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:19 PM

    I hear good things about King's (hey, a rhyme!). Sorry about the vertigo, though. Yes, ear infections do that. I had a nasty one a few years back (along with the flu) and couldn't drive for two days. :(

    ReplyDelete