10/18/2007

Notes from the DVR

I had a few quick TV thoughts to share:

  • The Gourmet Next Door - This is Amy Finley's new show on Food Network. (She was the winner of the Next Food Network Star this summer). So far there's only been one episode but I thought she did a good job and the food looked yummy and there are at least two pieces of what she made that I'm going to have to try. I'm still glad she won and am looking forward to seeing how her show goes.
  • The Next Iron Chef - This is a short (I think only 9 episodes, and we're two down) little "reality" competition on Food Network and so far it's been quite fun. Of course, Alton Brown is the host, so it's bound to be quite fun just on that principle alone. They had an interesting challenge this past week to use various chemicals and other "science gadgets" in their cooking - pretty cool to see people using liquid nitrogen in their food. I am minorly disappointed that there were only two women included in the contestants to start out, though I guess you can only work with people who apply.
  • Women's Murder Club - So far we're one episode in (it just started last Friday) and I'll keep watching it for a bit. This is based on the James Patterson series (1st to Die, 2nd Chance, etc.) and I think the TV show has kept the characters pretty on target with how they come across in the book. We'll see how it pans out, but I'm glad it wasn't dreadful.
  • Moonlight - I've mentioned this before, but I have to say I'm still enjoying this quite a bit. It's getting smoother and the writing seems to have developed a bit - it's just a fun take on your average PI show. Though, of course, it is still awfully Forever Knight. On the other hand, I don't really see that as a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment