10/19/2007

Office Supplies and Art Paper

These are two things I perpetually lust after. I'm not sure why, exactly. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But when I walk into an office supply store I just feel giddy - all the possibilities! Different colored pens, folders, filing folders and binders and little sticky tabs to put all over things and organize them.

One of my favorite things to look at and try to justify having are the Moleskine noteboooks. I have no earthly need for such a thing - I don't draw (where don't = can't if we're brutally honest about it all) and it seems very close to sacrilege to just take notes for meetings in them or, perhaps even worse, fill them with the third-grade-like doodles that adorn the margins of my meeting notes. Someday it would be nice to figure out how to translate the pictures in my head into actual pictures on paper. And if I ever do manage that feat, you know it's going to be on the nicest most delicious smelling paper I can find. This morning though I stumbled across the Moleskine Project where various doodles of more artistically oriented folks than me are displayed (though I will say there are a few in there that I probably could've come up with myself...but by and large there's some interesting talent displayed.) So at least some people are making good use of their insanely expensive folios.

Maybe browsing there will get me past the desire for my very own that, realistically, I wouldn't use because I wouldn't be able to come up with something "worthwhile" to put in it. If not, well, I can always go and find blissful serenity in the sticky note aisle.

3 comments:

  1. I love art paper and art supplies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some neat "doodlings"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:01 PM

    I've always liked office supply stores too. The smells are nice: fresh paper, mmmmm.

    Except while I was working for Office Depot. But the love came back.

    ReplyDelete