10/11/2007

Wishing for Toothpicks to Embed Under My Fingernails

This is how I spent my day.

I was at an all day "symposium" for a company that sounds like "Bore-a-coal". Where you can loosely define the word "symposium" to mean "unrelenting hours of corporate rah-rah droning on in monotones while showing slides that mean nothing".

I think at one point there was actually drool forming at the corners of my mouth and not because I wanted what they were selling.

And make no mistake! They may have advertised it as a chance to get some technical details about their products, but in reality it was a sales pitch for upper management. Because their idea of "technical" (in the technical track, mind you) still had them feeling the need to define what a web service is and why they're kinda a good idea.

Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:27 PM

    unrelenting hours of corporate rah-rah droning on in monotones while showing slides that mean nothing

    I thought that was the definition of symposium. That's what it says in my Webster's.

    ReplyDelete