11/02/2007

And So It Begins

NaNoWriMo has begun. So has my effort. I now have 4,004 words written. I'm not sure any of them are, in fact, worth reading. But that is beside the point of the whole exercise I'm told. Still, I'm pleased that at least for now things seem to be chugging along. Hopefully that'll continue. I'll probably post occasional updates, however you shouldn't get your hopes up about actually seeing any of the writing. Cause, well, yeah. It's not great.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to take my inner critic and try to find a woodshed to lock her up in.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:54 PM

    Oh goody. Best of luck with it, and hope you have a rough draft to show for it at the end. :) And all drafts are garbage in the beginning, don't worry. It's the revision process where you clean it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michelle. :) I'm good with the garbage generation part - not sure that the revision will actually help much, but we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late to the party (I have a note from my imaginary doctor, if that helps) but just wanted to leave a word of encouragement: have fun!

    (Yeah. Two words. That's a tip for your NaNoWriMo strategy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Eric. :) I've been trying to apply the word multiplication strategy. So far...doing ok. :)

    ReplyDelete