12/28/2007

A Book List from 2007

Last year, my one and only pseudo-resolution was to try and give non-fiction a shot and also to keep track of what I read. I did, in fact, keep track of what I read but I'm not sure that I can honestly say I gave non-fiction a huge shot, though I do think I ended up having read more non-fiction this year than in previous years, so perhaps that counts as something.

Regardless, as it's now the 28th of December and it's unlikely that I will finish any more books between now and the new year (though I am well on my way into Tipperary: A Novel and am enjoying it mightily), I give you a mostly complete list of the books I read in 2007 (excepting school books, which I didn't count and anything else that I forgot to write down before I forgot that I read it.) All told I counted 90 books - but again, this list may have skipped a few. If I did a review on a particular item it's found under the Books Glorious Books category. I also didn't list authors - if you're curious about something, leave a comment and I can let you know. A pound sign (#) indicates non-fiction, an asterisk (*) indicates that it was a re-read of something I've read previously.

The Bourne Identity
Slow Burn
The Whole Life Adoption Book (#)
The Ragamuffin Gospel (#)
The Man With a Load of Mischief
Foul Matter
Her Irish Warrior
The Deed of Paksinnarion (*) [Note: This is a trilogy bound as one volume.]
Summer Desserts
Lessons Learned
Rough Justice
Born in Fire (*)
Born in Ice (*)
Jewels of the Sun (*)
Tears of the Moon (*)
Heart of the Sea (*)
DragonSong (*)
DragonSinger (*)
Crystal Singer (*)
Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home (#)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Sea Swept (*)
Rising Tides (*)
Inner Harbor (*)
Born in Death
Angels Fall
Roasting in Hell's Kitchen (#)
The Golden Compass
Key of Light (*)
Key of Valor (*)
Three Fates (*)
Dance Upon Air (*)
Heaven and Earth (*)
Amber Beach (*)
Jade Island (*)
Enchanted, Inc.
Mistaken Identity
The Wild Irish
The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency
Bad Connection
Beyond Reach
Playing With Fire
Notes From A Spinning Planet: Ireland
Notes From A Spinning Planet: Papua New Guinea
Notes From A Spinning Planet: Mexico
The Subtle Knife
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Boxcar Children (#s 1 - 8)
The Rebels of Ireland
The Warrior's Touch
Let Them Eat Cake
Hearing God (#)
Ever Present Danger
Never Look Back
Perspectives on Learning (#)
Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far (#)
Innocent in Death
Bleeding Hearts
Moment of Truth
Russka
The Case of the Missing Books
Boo Humbug
Splitting Harriett
The Summer House (*)
Three Women (*) [Note: This is 3 books bound as one.]
Remember When (*)
Murder List (*)
Running Scared (*)
The Color of Death (*)
Moving Target (*)
Heartbreaker (*)
Mercy (*)
Die in Plain Sight (*)
Cordina's Crown Jewel (*)
Hidden Star (*)
Captive Star (*)
Secret Star (*)
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer (#)
Local Hero
Dual Image
Grand Passion (*)
Bringing Up Boys (#)

5 comments:

  1. more than a book a week? wow. You know, you really should post a review on amazon for every book you read... you'll be "famous" in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, there's a lot of Nora Roberts on that list - re-read, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, she's my guilty pleasure, I freely admit it. When I need a quick read I go to her stuff more often than not. I keep trying to branch out - and am going to have to since I'm not liking all the occult-y stuff she's getting into these days (the new circle of seven thing just looks hideous) so we'll see what we see, I go through phases, too. 2006 was the year of the mystery and I think I'm ready to head back in that direction.

    Lynellen - yeah...except that I don't think my reviews are really all that useful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:00 PM

    Holy cow! That's more books than I've read in three years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Dang, I'm impressed! I wish I could find more books I wanted to read, along with the time to read them.

    ReplyDelete