12/27/2007

Go Go Gadget Motivation

I hereby admit to a raging case of short timer's.

I've basically finished up (to the best of my ability) the project I was working on. The final verdict? It's broken. It looks like it should work. I've done everything I can think of to get it to work. And yet, it doesn't work. The guy at the vendor who I need to work with is on vacation until Monday. So for now it's broken and will have to become someone else's problem (an SEP, if you will). (Douglas Adams really knew what he was talking about when he mentioned SEPs - because I find that the longer I realize that I'm not going to be able to fix it before the end of the day tomorrow, the less I really seem to care that it doesn't work.) I'll keep banging my head against it, but I don't have a lot of positive feeling that it will be productive.

On a completely unrelated note, dad is loaning us his GPS for our trip to collect the bambino. He calls her Carmen (because it's made by Garmen - cute, no?) So now I'm expecting some sort of Jamaican flair to her voice as she tells us to continue on I95 for the next 666 miles (yes, really! According to Google Maps, it's 666 miles...I'm sure Tim may consider sitting in the car that long a descent into hell, so it's fitting.) Of course, given how long we stay on 95, I'm not sure we need a GPS, but hey, now if we get lost we'll be lost with technology. That has to be better, right?

2 comments:

  1. 666 miles? I think I might take an extra pit stop or two just to make sure it's 667 miles instead. ;-) But seriously, that's a long time to stay on just one highway. Regardless, I'll bet Carmen will have a lot to talk about along the way. Miss Daisy can't keep her mouth shut, reminding me at every exit to "stay on I-35." When do you leave? This is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there will be many pit stops - so we can probably add a mile or two to the total. :) We don't know yet when we leave actually, I'm sitting here staring at my cell phone since we were told last Friday that she would most likely not make it another week before going into labor. Since it's now almost been that whole week I'm two parts frustrated one part anxious and about sixty parts itching to just go down there and wait. :) Short answer? Soon - I hope!

    ReplyDelete