1/09/2008

Fantasy Rock Band

I've never actually played fantasy football (most likely this has quite a bit to do with the fact that I still don't really understand the game, even after reading Football for Dummies. But I do know that Howie Long is cute. Does that count for anything? Anything at all?) Nor have I played any of the other fantasy type things. Really the same reason applies, though I haven't bothered with a "For Dummies" book on any of the other sports. Hand-eye coordination is not my forte. Just ask anyone who got stuck with me during PE in school. (And for the record, teaching your kids that "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game" is a really good plan, but honestly? No other kid actually believes it. So no matter how much you protest that you're trying as hard as you can, the other kids are going to hate getting stuck with you.)

Regardless, Eric has posted a meme of sorts wherein you get to create a Fantasy Rock Band (well, ok, doesn't have to be a rock band) and it seemed like too much fun not to play along. What you do (should you care to join in) is:

Now, since Eric did such fun things with his album cover, I have gone ahead and done really stupid looking things with mine. I blame this solely on the fact that the only graphics type program on the laptop that I have borrowed is Paint. Given that all I have is paint, hopefully you'll excuse the low-budget feel to my band's debut album:


Yes, indeedy. The album "from Adam to Atom" by All the Woo in the World. (Amusingly, "All the Woo in the World was a funk album title. Still, it makes a pretty good name for a rock band.)

Sadly, the debut on the Billboard Top 100 was at the low, low spot of #89. Presumably it climbed up a little thereafter, but it's unlikely it made it to #1. How sad.

5 comments:

  1. Now, it's just eerie how well those random elements coalesced into a credible musical offering.

    You can be on my fantasy cover art design team any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://lynellen.blogspot.com/2008/01/fantasy-band.html

    I think you did a great job of putting that album cover together, ESPECIALLY b/c you only have Paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just did it, and... well, I predict that the Soul Train Gang's "It Comes Soon Enough" will fly off the shelves, what with this as their album cover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric, I was pretty pleased with the way they worked together, too. :) Your album art is much nicer than mine, but thanks! Maybe mine was going for the retro look. ;)

    Lynellen - very cool. Left a comment at your place, but yeah, I wouldn't go out in that weather either. ;)

    Matt - That cover art is DEFINITELY going to make the albums fly off the shelves, but probably not because the music is any good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to join the crowd shortly hehe.

    ReplyDelete