1/02/2008

The Weekend and, Oh Yeah! Happy New Year!

It's 2008.

I find this incredibly hard to fathom. I'm not sure why, exactly, except perhaps that I am just getting incurably old. It seems like yesterday we were calculating how old we'd be in 2000 and that the high number (um...26 I think) seemed so incredibly aged as to border on the infirm. And now 26 seems so unfathomably young. I wouldn't go back for anything. But then, I wouldn't change anything either, so perhaps that's all that matters.

Tim had to work for part of the day on New Year's Eve, so I spent the morning and bits of the afternoon alternating between homework and putting Wallies on the nursery walls. We had friends over for supper (Mac and Cheese and Ham) while Tim started a backup of R's hard drive since it had, yet again, had issues. There was cursing and gnashing of teeth emanating up from the basement while C and I watched Boomerang with their 5 year old. Yeah, we live it up around here.


When the backup was underway, we went back to R&C's house so that the kiddo could go to bed and we watched Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix, which only C had seen already. It was very, very good. But I'm not super surprised - the movies have all been well done. And Harry was less of a twat in the movie than he was in the book, so that was nice too. Because there were moments in the book where strangulation seemed too good for him. We got home about 12:30, having watched Dick Clark count us into the New Year before leaving.

New Year's Day is traditionally a day of some sort of movie fest in our family, so we trucked over to my sister's for a day of James Bond. I'm not sure exactly how it transpired that I've never seen Moonraker, but regardless, I have now seen it and I would like some more crackers, because I am still scraping up cheese. I remarked to my sister that that movie needed Robots. Oh how I miss MST3K. I find Austin Powers much funnier now having seen exactly what he was spoofing.

We also watched Octopussy, You Only Live Twice, and Die Another Day before peeling ourselves out of the chairs and calling it a day.

And now we're back to reality. Tim is at work and I'm doing homework because, I think I failed to mention this, I finished up my job last Friday. The puppies aren't quite sure what to do with me now that I'm interrupting their nap times, but I think they'll figure out a way to survive somehow.

4 comments:

  1. wow, the nursery looks great!

    word verification for this comment is svzbdp...mostly letters that sound alike over the cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nursery! I should have you come to our house and decorate my kids' rooms. I am pitiful when it comes to creative decorating. Sigh.

    Friday is the day after tomorrow...are you excited?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lynellen - you'll have to come and see it :)

    Michelle, we're just a tad excited over here ;) I'd be happy to come and help decorate - I love doing stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The nursery looks awesome!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete