2/15/2008

Mommies Can't Get Sick

I am sick.

This is, unfortunately, not a rare occurrence. However...it's a lot more challenging with a six week old. Because if it means never exhaling again, I will do that to keep Joshua from getting sick too. What this meant in practical terms is that I sucked it up and went to the doctor rather than waiting a few days to see how sick I am.

And I remembered why I don't do that usually.

Ultimate verdict? I'm not really sick, it's "not that bad", but here's a decongestant if it makes you feel better. Oh, and go home and take Tylenol because your temperature is 99.8.

Sigh.

On the one hand? I'm glad it's "not that bad". On the other...well, I'd've been happier with something they would actually treat.

Still, Tim was able to come home early and is on Joshua duty for the foreseeable future (and my sister came over this morning to help and watch him while I went to the office of futility) and I just got up from a 4 hour nap and am seriously thinking that laying back down would be a positive thing. Perhaps there's something worth watching on TV.

7 comments:

  1. awww, girlfriend. Get better soon! Prayers your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs! Sleep deprivation makes you more vulnerable to sickness. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies. I'm feeling better this morning, owing I suspect to the roughly 18 hours of sleep I just finished. Ahhh...sleep. :) Now if my ears would just pop, I think I might be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the sleep helped. Get better soon! You're right...Mommies can't be sick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better real soon, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon too! Being sick sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:53 AM

    Oh goodness! Yes, I've been sick too, and it's no fun. Hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete