2/25/2009

35 Thoughts

Today is my 35th birthday.

Birthdays are always strange to me as it seems that you ought to feel older, but I never really do. I guess age is a gradual progression, settling quietly on your shoulders over the course of the years, rather than a sudden burst. But I've always thought it would be nice to get the wisdom and experience of the coming year all in one shot on your birthday. Think how much better equipped you'd be to handle what comes. Of course, that kind of takes away the pain of learning, but then that's not necessarily a bad thing either.

Today will be much like any other Wednesday, and I'm good with that. I plan to go to lunch with my mom and sister (and the kiddo, of course). Then we're going grocery shopping. Then Tim is having a root canal. And we'll end the day with waffles and vanilla sauce, which I will make. In the midst of that, there will be poopy diapers and tantrums that I will handle as they come.

And perhaps the best thing about being another year older is that I wouldn't have it any other way.

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:11 PM

    Happy birthday, indeed! I'll even put on my Llama hat to give you a "Yip! Yip! Yip!"

    - Robbo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Beth! I think the best birthdays are when you can find joy in the mundane. You seem to have the right attitude. Enjoy!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tch. You're just a kid. I'm surrounded by kids! ;-)

    Sounds like a perfectly excellent birthday. I hope it was and is a blessed one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I'm glad you were born. I'm glad you will be able to handle poop and tantrums and all else, one moment at a time. You are very, very capable. If you can, send some waffles and vanilla sauce over to "Our Leaves..."!!

    ReplyDelete