4/18/2009

Put Me In The Zoo

Friday, the doodle and I, along with some friends, headed to the zoo downtown. I haven't been to the zoo in a long while - I think we've been since we moved here, but I can't be positive. Most of this is because, by and large, I find zoos rather...cruel. The animals never look happy - they're usually just laying around and while I realize that they no longer have the hunt and general scrabble for food that would occupy their days in the wild...I just can't reconcile myself with zoos, no matter how hard they try.

Still, it is nice for kiddos to be able to see animals that they might never otherwise be able to see, and the doodle didn't disappoint. He seemed genuinely excited to see all of them, though of course they were all named "doggie."

One nice thing the zoo here does have is a petting zoo for kids. So we got to pet a goat. All the others were standing just far enough out of range that no one could touch them. Ah well.

Overall, it was a fun day and the weather was so gorgeous it would've been a crime to not do *something*...and the zoo was a good choice. We'll go again - I can get over any reservations I have to bring the kind of smiles the kiddo had. (Though if he wants to go in the s-n-a-k-e house, we'll have to bring daddy along.)

No comments:

Post a Comment