5/29/2009

Home Studies

Since we're starting the process of hunting for a sibling for the kiddo, I've been delving back into the world of home studies. This time, since we already know we're just going to go the route we went last time and not waste our time with an agency, we're trying to figure out what to do about getting a homestudy independently. I called our previous agency and got their quote then contacted another social worker who is independent to get her prices...and it occurred to me that it's perhaps a bit strange to be "bargain shopping" for a homestudy. But really...the whole process is so expensive that it seems prudent to save where you can (within the realm of quality and legality, obviously).

Anyway, the independent lady comes in about $400 less than our agency. And $400 is a good bit of money but my initial reaction is still "Really? That much?" Cause it's well over what I thought it would/should cost.

So now I'm faced with the question: do I try to hunt up other places to get a homestudy and compare their cost or just make a choice? All while fighting the niggling question, "Do you get what you pay for?"

No comments:

Post a Comment