6/09/2009

Spring Cleaning

Today has been a day of some spring cleaning - and it feels good. My sister has a charity coming by tomorrow to pick up stuff, so I weeded through the linen closet, something I've been meaning to do for months now since it's been a hazardous thing to open the door or try to stuff clean towels and sheets in and has been basically since we moved in. Now, I could say that our linen closet ought to be larger - cause really, the thing is pathetic, but we had way too many sheets and towels and I don't think any of them had been used in the 10 years we've lived here.

I've also been decluttering my library of books that I'm not likely to re-read. Most of these I've been listing on Paperback Swap in batches. The first batch has been on there for a while and I think I've moved all those that are going to move, so I took them off and boxed them up and added them to the pile as well. I was going through the boxes to list a new batch and found a slew of really old sci-fi books that I was given at some point that don't have ISBNs. They're that old. So...can't list them on PBS. I looked into selling them on eBay or something similar and found several of the same books listed for under $1. Not really worth my time and effort, all things considered. I don't know if I'll make it to my sister's before the pick up, but I'll give it a shot.

Tim also went through his closet last weekend while we were installing the shelves I bought him. (It's a long story - but basically, his dresser is not meeting his needs, so he's had his clothes stored hither, thither, and yon around the house. Usually resulting in him needing something in the guest room right around the time the baby was sound asleep (and from sad, sad experience, we know that bumping around the guest room wakes the baby up). So, as a little father's day surprise, I bought him 2' shelves (4 of them) to hang in half of his closet. But, we had to get rid of the hand-me-down suits that didn't fit etc. etc. to hang them. We figured that anything with 1/4 inch of dust on it probably could go.) So those got to go. I need to go through my closet and drawers as well but...since I am actually managing to lose some weight (slowly, but it's better than nothing) I should probably hang on to the slightly smaller clothes for a bit.

All things considered though, I'm pretty pleased with the day's work. And my linen closet is lovely and organized now.

No comments:

Post a Comment