8/05/2010

Bits and Bobs

  • Took the kiddo to Kids N Motion yesterday. He had a fun time bouncing on all the inflatables. He also enjoyed the fact that the person monitoring capacity on the slides and obstacle courses was his gymnastics teacher. 
  • I made revisions on my idea paper and got it sent back out for more commentary. Hopefully they'll be quicker than their 3 week turn around time, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Tim ordered me the new Kindle 3 for our anniversary. It won't ship til the the 27th, but close enough. 
  • The kiddo loves puzzles (always has,  really) and he's recently graduated to trying the big 12 piece puzzles (with normal shapes vs. peg puzzles.) They're still challenging (and he still loves the peg puzzles) but he's loving trying to find the corner pieces, etc. 
  • I'm slowly but surely getting the crafts for MOPS planned for this year. I'm trying to keep them less crafty and more assembly oriented - and I'm also trying to do the hard parts as prep work ahead of time. We'll see how that goes over.
  • I'm teaching 2 classes at a time again this term (why? Oh, who knows...maybe because I seem to have inherited my mom's inability to say no.) And again they're both HUGE. 32 in one and 24 in the other. I'm hopeful that the first class (the one with 32) all seem to be fairly motivated. Maybe they can all actually stick through it.
  • I'm unclear where he picked it up, cause it's absolutely not something that gets said in this house, but the kiddo was randomly saying "Oh my G--" yesterday. The first time I wasn't sure I really heard him right, the next time he ended up in timeout. I think we may have nipped it in the bud, but honestly...where did he pick that up? Grumble.
  • On the other hand, every time he's presented with food he looks down at it and says "Dear Jesus, Thank you for God and my tummy. Amen."
  • Last, but not least, apparently high temps and low dew point make for lots of grass pollen...which makes for an incredibly congested Sleepy family. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment