12/09/2010

The Times, They Are A'Changin'

My sister started a new job on Monday. This is, at the end of the day, a very good thing, gainful employment and all that being a good idea when there are bills to pay. But I have to say I hadn't realized how many times I would call to just say hi for five minutes here or there or see if she wanted to come over or run to the store or whatever. Couple this with the fact that the only friend I have who's home during the day and lives close enough to actually get the kids together for playtime with any spontaneity and regularity is moving in the spring and, well..I'm a bit bummed.

This too shall pass and all that, but it hit me this morning when I ran out to get some groceries for my sister and drop them at her house (because first weeks being what they are, she's been awfully busy and getting home late and so on and so forth).

And hey, while we were at Wegmans I got the makings for fudge. So this afternoon has that going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment