4/13/2011

Naps are for Babies

I have a boy who is, I think, trying to give up his nap. I really, REALLY don't want to let that happen. I know we can try and transition to "quiet time" so that I still have some downtime in the afternoon - but he also still seems to really need the nap if his behavior at night on days he doesn't nap is any indication.

For example, yesterday? No nap. He had "quiet time", which is to say, he stayed in his room for an hour and a half while I did some school stuff and generally tried to enjoy the quiet. And last night? He was a very poorly behaved child at my folk's house. It's really a one-to-one correlation there. And I do believe you can imply causality.

I'm not sure what we'll do. Right now I'm just praying that this little blip will smooth out and he'll go back to napping.

It's not just a river in Egypt, folks.

2 comments:

  1. Mine did that about a month ago--just would NOT nap. My solution was to change naptime from 12:00 to 1:30 or 2:00. Somehow, by stretching it out later, he was more than ready to go down. But other days, the nap just doesn't happen. It's that whole transitional thing. By the time they're 4, naps are usually a thing of the past, sadly. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we're already at 2 (1:45 - 2, in there). I don't want to push it too much later cause if he sleeps too much past 4 (maybe 4:30 if he's had a rough night) he doesn't sleep at night.

    I think the writing is probably on the wall. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete