9/24/2011

Needs Improvement

So today, because it's been a while since we had a good deep scrub of the house, I embarked on this while Tim and the kiddo played in/cleaned up the playroom. Five hours later as I was doing the last little bit of mopping, the following conversation ensued between the doodle and me:
Him: "Who's coming over?"
Me: "No one."
Him: "But are we having a party?"
Me: "No."
Him: "Is it poker night?"
Me: "No."
Him: "But you mopped...?"
Me: "Yes, sometimes we just clean because things need cleaning."
Him: *thoughtful silence*

Now, I never claimed to be one of those Good Housekeeping Seal people. I like organized and neat, but am less concerned with the general antiseptic nature of the house on a routine basis. That said...I guess I need to step it up just a tad if mopping makes the kiddo think we're having a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment