On Government IQ Tests

This morning, I'm trying to get the paperwork together to the younger kiddo his social security number. My question is: do I need to lug two kids and the paperwork down to the office to sit in line and be miserable, or can I send it in by mail?

The Social Security Office's ever-so-helpful website has this to say:

If you live or receive mail in Bronx NY, Brooklyn NY, Queens NY, Orlando FL (Orange, Osceola and Seminole Counties), Sacramento County CA, Phoenix AZ (Maricopa County and Apache Junction Area), Las Vegas NV, Philadelphia PA, or Greater Twin Cities Metropolitan Area MN, you must apply in-person or by mail to a Social Security Card Center for an original or replacement Social Security card.
If you do not live or receive mail in the areas mentioned above, you can mail or take your Social Security card application and original documents to your local Social Security office.
Enlarging mine.

So...since I don't live in any of the above listed areas...I can do exactly the same thing that those people living in said areas can?

Ah, the joy of government bureaucracy.

No comments: