10/23/2012

Reunions

This past weekend was my 20th high school reunion. I had toyed with going but, in the end, decided not to. Tim wasn't super excited about it (but would have gone had I wanted to) so it made the decision considerably easier as he was, in no way, trying to convince me otherwise.

Looking through the pictures on Facebook, I have to say I think I made a good choice. Most of the people who went are not those who had any idea that I even existed in high school. The one friend who went is someone I see semi-regularly anyway. And the one person who I would have to give myself a serious talking to in order to go ahead and warn her if I saw her about to get hit by a car did go (if the previous isn't clear - being in the same room with her really isn't on my to-do list for any time in the next century or so.)

It does look like they all had a good time, so that's good. On my end of things, it's nice to realize that while I may be an outcast for the whole of my life, at least now that I'm older, I get to choose how much I want to rub my face in the fact.

In other, completely unrelated (but just about as scintillating) news, my blogger stats are back. So at least there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment