2/07/2019

In Which My Head Hurts

Today was skin cancer removal day. Short version? My head hurts.

It wasn't awful, but I'm not recommending it for folks who are bored and looking for new experiences either. I was there a solid three hours. The actual digging and poking at my scalp was maybe an hour of the experience, all told, since they take what they remove and look at it in the lab right then to see if the edges are clear.

On the bright side, the first round showed clear edges, so she didn't have to shave any more of my head and make a bigger spot than she initially did.

She just had to go deeper.

Like past where the follicles are deeper.

So yeah, no more hair will ever grow there now.

Yay?

I have two sets of stitches -- internal and external (that's how deep they had to go) and a horrendous headache.

She seemed confident that all the cancer had been removed, so I'll also call that a win.

But still, in general, if you can avoid it, that's my recommendation.

Also? Wear sunscreen. And a hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment