2/08/2019

There is a reason I am not a medical professional

A long, long time ago (either in a galaxy far, far away or I can still remember - your choice) I had these dreams of being a pediatrician. I had my high school and college and medical school path all planned out. I read up. I plotted. I schemed.

And then, gradually, I began to realize that I got a little squeamish here and there. Like with blood. And vomit. And that's probably not a super great trait for someone in the medical field.

This morning, my decision to not pursue medicine was validated, yet again, as I glanced at the enormous line of stitches in my scalp and immediately felt the room begin to spin. (Fun fact: This was a good hour ago and my stomach is still rolling greasily.)

I did manage, with great swallowing gulps of air and several minutes of resting my forehead on my knees, to apply Vaseline to the area as instructed by the nurse yesterday. But I'm already dreading having to do it again tomorrow.

Programming languages never do this to you. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment