2/15/2019

It's hard to be the baby

Family friends moved to Ohio a year and a half ago (thank you, Air Force. I mean, I do like the Air Force, but it'd be nice if they hadn't moved this particular family. There are other families we know who the Air Force would be welcome to relocate.)

This week, they're back in town as dad is doing some training, so mom and kids came for a visit. Their eldest is my eldest's BFF. So we got together for lunch and then a playground and then came here and, as determined ahead of time, their boy is staying the night and we'll meet back up with their whole crew tomorrow for the Lego Movie 2 and lunch.

Eldest is in pig heaven.

Youngest is not.

Youngest also adores this boy. (Though he has a friend roughly his age in the family as well, who he also enjoys, it was determined after a little back and forth that their youngest isn't quite ready for a sleep over. Which is fine as their youngest is...well, even his parents say he's feral. Although I will say after today he was much better. Age is a good thing sometimes.)

Eldest would like his younger brother to take a short walk off a tall cliff and leave him and his friend alone.

I am torn.

I remember those days when you just want to hang with your older sibling and their friends. Especially when you don't have a friend of your own. But I also know it's been a long time since these two got to hang out, and they should have the opportunity to do that without younger brother hanging around.

I think all I'm actually managing to do is irritate everyone. Is that a mom win? Feels like that's pretty much the absolute definition of a mom win.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment