2/17/2019

It Never Goes Completely Away

They'll be inducing hubby's sister tomorrow.

The MIL called tonight to let me know this, as if I was supposed to care. Maybe I am. I mean, it's good to know, I guess, but I have to admit to quite a bit of blergh about the whole thing. They're acting like she's the first woman in the history of the world to get pregnant. And they also conveniently skim over the whole was-not-married-at-the-time thing.

And okay, fine, she married the guy (for his health insurance - still hoping that there's more to it than that, but it's seriously all they talk about. How he had Tricare and that's better than Kaiser, so she married him.) So yay. Except they've been married two months now and she still doesn't want anyone in the family to meet him.

Throw in MIL's comments about how "now she'll have a grandchild in the area" (because I guess my boys don't count) and yeah. Really don't care.

FIL made a comment the other day about how they don't see the boys very often. I mentioned that I had made invitations when they were young and finally got tired of the rejection so stopped asking. I swear -- I don't get how they think this is my fault. I have tried for going on 24 years now to have a relationship with these people. To try and get hubby to have MORE of a relationship with them. They making it damn near impossible. At this point, I feel like the onus for anything they want is 100% on them. If they want to see us, they need to call and arrange it. If they can't be bothered, then so be it.

And mixed in with all of that is the lingering frustration and sorrow that I was never able to conceive. I love our boys. They are ours so completely and are absolutely the children God had for us. But it's frustrating, none the less, that I don't think his parents were ever as excited about the impending birth of my boys as they are about his sister's child, and the only reason I can come up with for that is that they aren't ours biologically.

And that's just stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment