8/06/2019

Ringing the Bell

School at the Sleepy School for Boys is officially in session.

We started back up yesterday and are, so far, 2 for 2 in terms of days where all work was accomplished by both students. I already know we won't make it 5 this week, because we have friends coming over on Thursday and I suspect that'll eat up the whole of the day, but that's one of the benes of homeschool.

Eldest boy is in sixth this year. Middle school down here in our county (even though one county north, I believe middle is only 7/8). For school, that makes less difference, but at church it means he's headed off to youth group and that is a fascinating somewhat frightening prospect.

It just seems so old. Youth group.

Man. The tempus it does fugit.

Youngest is in second. Even that is hard to wrap my head around. Of course, his second grade is not a typical second grade. He has challenges that we are trying to unravel and so there are modifications that get made to make sure that he can accomplish the work. Not huge ones, necessarily, but still, it's not the same second grade his brother had.

And I work to remind myself it's a homeschool bene. And also that he's going to be okay.

That last one is hard a lot of the time.

What I don't want is for him to end up like hubby's youngest sister who, at 35, still lives with her parents, doesn't work, and is generally miserable because her life sucks. From the outside, I think they (and she, at this point) could do more to get her out on her own--I really do believe she's capable of it--but they don't. (As in no one raised an eyebrow when she quit her last job because it was boring. Um. Yeah. Jobs are, in general, boring. Especially the ones you can get when all you have is a GED and no stick-to-it-iveness.)

Anyway. I feel like I've said all of that before. Well, except for school starting. Because that's new.

No comments:

Post a Comment