8/08/2019

Random Things

None of which are particularly deserving of their own blog post. (One could ask if, indeed, anything I write these days is worthy of its own blog post, but I'd just as soon not go there. I find myself enjoying being back here talking to myself and, well, frankly, it's nice.)


  • I don't know who over at Netflix decided we needed to be able to stream Aussie reality shows, but I thank them. I have enjoyed the mess out of Instant Hotel and am now two episodes into The Chef's Line and love it. I don't know that I'd care for either show if they were a purely American thing. Something about the Aussie (and other assorted) accents makes them much more enjoyable. I find the same phenomenon with shows from BBC.
  • We made it through three days of school before we needed a break. So we took today off and played with friends instead. Since we're still many weeks ahead of the public schools, I'm not sweating it.
  • We'll do something schoolish tomorrow.
  • I am desperately searching for something good to read. Something new and good. I have plenty of things I could re-read that I know would be amazing, but I've been in a re-reading mode lately and am starting to feel guilty about it. Why? Who knows, but I do. Sadly, the new things that I've tried have all been rather disappointing and I've been setting them aside unfinished, which is completely unlike me.
  • I did find a book I'd like to read - I've read and loved two others by the author. So I popped over to the Zon to grab it and...the ebook is $13! Highway robbery! I just can't pay that for an ebook. So, I thought, I'll give a look at the library ebook system. And they have the audiobook only. No ebook. I could order the paperback (which is incidentally cheaper than the ebook - I have never nor will I ever in the future understand that - a physical thing should always cost more than an ethereal one.) But I don't know. So for now I'm just whining about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment