12/17/2019

On Advent Calendars

On a random stroll through Costco not long before Thanksgiving, I spied a German beer Advent calendar. It being a rather fraught day with me already well in the mood for a beer (because seriously, I don't know how you shop at Costco and not need a drink), I tossed it in the cart.

Best decision ever.

With the exception of 2, hubs and I have enjoyed our nightly half of a beer (we're sharing).

I can hear, in the tiny back corner of my mind, my mother laughing and calling me a lush in shocked tones. To imagine having a drink every night for 24 days? Not her daughter...she raised me better.

And it's true, I'm not one to drink a lot. Now and again, sure. But not with any regularity.

Regardless, I am not in fear of my mortal soul as my mom would have hoped, nor do I think I'm in any way teetering on the edge of alcoholism.

I will say that the Germans know their beer.

This is not a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment