12/12/2019

Running out of shoes

If I were trying to be Polyanna (which is usually hubby's job, because he is always ready with a glib dismissal of how bad things really are bright side), I would just say that youngest's test results came back and he's not on the spectrum.

So hurrah, have a party, etc.

Except.

He has severe ADHD and other learning challenges and I really think we'd probably be better off on the spectrum.

So we're back to speech therapy and occupational therapy and continuing with the vision therapy in the new year. Can't wait.

I mean again, to channel the husband, it's good we homeschool so we have flexibility to go to these various things.

But still.

Took the car in this morning for "routine service" and they found rodent damage in the engine.

Seriously??

We have pest control. They are supposed to make sure we don't have rodents. (I guess - bright side again - we haven't seen any evidence of them inside? They're just out in the garage? This is not better in my mind.) They're coming back out on Monday to do whatever it is they need to do to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Except of course I presume I'll get my car back before then and...can we guarantee they won't be back in there wreaking havoc between Friday and Monday?

No. No we cannot.

And all of this, of course, costs money. Money that until about 9 this morning, we were thinking we'd get to spend on a vacation in 2020. Now that's not looking so positive.

If there's another shoe that's going to drop, I hope it falls on my head and just puts me out of my misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment