11/11/2020

Staving off the crazy - or trying to

 One of the things I have been working to be more consistent about these days (because stress relief is a much needed thing) is my elliptical time. I'm pretty well firmly in the five mornings a week camp now and while I wish there were endorphins and weight loss associated with all this exercise, it does do two things for me.

1) It helps some with the stress. I definitely sleep better on days I exercise.

and

2) It gives me an excuse to watch some TV. 

Of course, this is a mixed bag, because I don't really know what I want to watch and we're limited to Netflix and Prime (and Disney+ but I haven't put that on my phone yet so it's kind of a no unless I get unlazy.) And Netflix is kind of a loss as far as I can tell these days.

BUT

We did add CBS all access to our Prime. And this unlocked all the old seasons of the The Amazing Race.

You know what's fun and mindless to watch while you work out? That's right. Random people traveling the world and arguing with each other. At least it is to me.

So far I've made it through season 1, 2, and 3. And I've started season 4. We didn't start watching until season 10, so these are all new to me -- I guess we'll find out if re-watching things I've already seen continues to be interesting. 

I only let myself watch while on the elliptical, so that also adds a little motivation to get on the dumb thing when I don't want to, because I do want to see what happens next. Even if I don't want to sweat.

Anyway, it's win-win for me and highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment