12/01/2020

Decking the Halls

 The day after Thanksgiving, as is our trend, we decked the halls for Christmas. It goes much faster now that both boys actually help instead of creating challenges. 

I left the tree entirely in their hands, and they did a bang up job with it. (Thankfully, I'm not one who has themes for said tree or expects anything other than lights and ornaments - with ornament coverage being roughly even.) Eldest is taller than I am and so can reach higher anyway, so really, I got to supervise which was just fine with me. I drank coffee and read a book.

I did put out all the nativities.

Youngest took on the nutcrakers up the stairs and did an amazing job. (They aren't in the order I would have chosen, but there's no reason behind that and his eye is not better or worse than mine. I'm certainly not going to rearrange them just because it's different.)

Both boys helped hubs out in the front yard and we got it done much faster than ever before.

This older kid thing is pretty great.


No comments:

Post a Comment