2/14/2023

On Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

We're all fighting some kind of crud over here. I don't think it's the C-rud. I honestly put the blame solely on Ma Nature's inability to decide a vague region for temperatures of late. 65 then 30 then 58 then 41. Up and down. And up and down.

Suddenly we all have colds.

Shocked Pikachu.

Hubby and I have never been big V day celebrators. He got me a card and chocolate this year. I got him some chocolate cherries a few weeks ago and he's already eaten them, so basically I just feel small for not having gotten him anything. He says not to. So I'm going to try. I think the chocolate will help.

Eldest and I had the following conversation:

Me: Will you be my valentine?

He: Eww. No, Mom. That's gross.

Me: It doesn't have to mean something romantic. It could just mean you love me.

He: I don't think that's true.

Me: Well, actually, if you want to be dogmatic about it, we're really celebrating the day St. Valentine was martyred for his faith and care of the persecuted Christians in Rome.

He: Seriously?

Me: Yup.

He: Holidays are stupid.

So there you have it. The final word from a teenager who very much knows all about everything and has Opinions On All Things.

I'll leave you with that. Happy martyring of St. Valentine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment