2/22/2023

Back on the Wagon

Moving over the summer upset my elliptical routine quite a bit. Even once we were settled, it was a struggle to get myself down to the thing and get back on the horse, so to speak. And, since it wasn't really doing anything (that I could tell at least) for my health and weight, it was easy enough to let it slide.

Except lately, I've realized that even if it doesn't budge the scale (because why would it be that easy?), I definitely feel better mentally when I'm in the habit. So...I'm working to get back on the wagon.

It's been rocky. But this week has been good. So I'll take the win.

What I really need to do is get the eldest boy to do some basic yoga with me. He's had to record some stretching videos for his PE class (online PE is a thing. It's kind of hilarious. And yet I would totally have preferred it to changing in a locker room with the unwashed masses when I was in high school.) and the boy can't touch his toes.

To be fair, neither can his dad.

I guess I should make them all do yoga. Flexibility isn't a bad thing, no matter how old you are.

Now if I could just motivate myself to get back on the "writing every day" wagon, I'd be all set.

I guess I'll just take it one habit at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment