2/27/2024

Because Why Not?

So, round about the time my sister was finishing up her stay in the hospital and transitioning home, the magnesium supplement I've been taking for a while now reformulated.


I didn't think anything about it. People reformulate all the time and it's just kind of like, "Okay?" Mostly a justification to charge more, honestly.

Regardless, I dismissed it and continued to take said supplement.

A few days later, I developed a rash on my neck.

I thought shingles because stress and awfulness.

But people who've had shingles said I wasn't in enough pain for it to be shingles. And I won't diminish their experiences, but my little bout with chicken pox as a child was minor and unremarkable (I had six whole pox and they didn't really itch.) so maybe I just do shingles weird?

But said rash didn't clear up and didn't clear up and yesterday I finally had the chance to go to the urgent care.

And they believe firmly it's an allergy.

So I spent most of yesterday wracking my brain to figure out what might have changed. Last night, as I was getting ready to take my after dinner pills (because I'm old now and have pills for different times of day), I spied the magnesium bottle and thought, "Hm."

One quick google later and did you know you can be allergic to some of the different kinds of magnesium and it causes a rash?

Apparently this time, the reformulation was actually a change.

So yeah. I won't be taking that anymore. And I'm going to go magnesium free for a month or so just to give my body time to recuperate before I poke around for another supplement. And even then, I'm going to make sure it's as close to the original I'd taken for years with no issues before diving in.

No comments:

Post a Comment