2/24/2024

Pedro Lives!

I know you were all waiting on tenterhooks (and wow, didn't that just send me down a strange etymological worm hole. Highly recommend googling if you're unaware.) to know if my sourdough starter was going to survive its misadventure by teen.


Well, as I said previously, I fed the bottom little bit and crossed my fingers. 

And it seemed to quite happily grow and bubble.

Huzzah!

I've been giving it a good feed every 24 hours to make sure we're truly good, but I believe I'll be ready and able to bake again when next I have the time and inclination.

I will also be putting some sort of sign over the oven controls when using the oven for a warm resting place to hopefully avoid another mishap.

Pedro lives!

(Yes, my starter is named Pedro. Because he makes pan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment