7/21/2026

Pool? What pool?

Pool installation shenanigans continue apace. Will there actually ever be more than a big concrete hole in my hard surrounded by mud for the dogs to drag in with them after every venture outside?

Jury's still out.

The pool peeps did come by on Saturday (after having assured me LAST week that they'd be there working all week and we were absolutely on track for a pool party to bid farewell to eldest prior to college move in.) (They did not show up all week. Until Saturday. I can kinda get it. The weather was hot. There were the dumb fires in Canadia making our air bad. SO yeah, I wouldn't want to be outside working either. BUT...would it kill you to send an email? A text? Smoke signal?)

Anyway, they dug up more space to put pipes in around the pool so now it's muddy with bonus ditches to fall in or jump over.

Yay, I guess?

I would have thought (hahahahaaaaa) that they'd be back Monday to finish the plumbing or something. But alas, no. Will they come today? Seems unlikely. Tomorrow is likely right out as it's saying there'll be thunderstorms all day. Which leaves us where?

No idea.

(Or maybe the thunderstorms are today? I know I saw rain later this afternoon in the forecast.) (It really doesn't matter. The TL;DR is that they aren't finishing my pool and I'm grumpy about it. Especially since eldest keeps giving me long looks as if I contrived to taunt him with a pool he won't get to use. But then, he seems to find every opportunity to make things my fault these days. Because mini-adult, I guess. I don't know. It's super fun.

If only I could blow off my annoyance by taking a nice, refreshing swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment