Out here in the forest where we now reside, the sounds of nature are one of the things we have come to love most. Many are the evenings where hubs and I will go out and sit on the deck and listen to the varied birds and the rustling of squirrels and all the other delightful noises that are there for the taking.
One of the joys of summer out here, however, has also become the frog song.
This has only grown more vociferous thanks to the maybe-someday-they'll-finish pool.
In fact, said frogs have become so abundant in number (at least I assume there are more, and not just one or two incredibly loud and obnoxious gentlemen) that we've taken to using a white noise machine for sleeping. Because while it's rather nice and soothing when on the deck with an adult beverage, it's considerably less so when trying to sleep and being rendered incapable of same because of the noise.
Of course, there are still nights (like tonight) where the frog party gets so loud and ridiculous at 2 a.m. that I am rendered incapable of further sleep and must, instead, drag myself down to the sofa (so as to avoid waking hubby with my annoyed tossing and turning) where I try - with the assistance of coffee - to convince myself that nature is beautiful and I'm grateful to experience it.
No comments:
Post a Comment