12/31/2005

Time to upgrade the ol' DVR

So last night as I was getting ready for all the new shows starting next Friday - and by getting ready, I mean doing the jigsaw puzzle that is programming the DVR so you can get them all - I realized we were hitting a very bad, bad time in life. Time to have to CHOOSE.

See...Battlestar Galactica, Monk, and Numbers are all on at 10pm. Usually, the late night/early early morning reruns save us from making choices. But this season...not so much. See, Battlestar Galactica re-runs at 1am. As does Monk. And that's it. Numbers doesn't rerun at all. So, we can get 2 of the 3, but not all 3. The tough decision was made and, for now, Monk got the short straw. Mostly because, well, I miss Sharona.

We've been going back and forth for just about literally a year now on upgrading our DVR to one that can tape two shows at once (yeah, we have the cheap model right now). So, we decided to look into that again. Thus, this morning, I sat down to typety-type my way over to DishNetwork's webpage to see what they have to offer me. Thinking that I knew what I was doing, I went to www.dish.com.

Dish.com, takes you to the website for Dawn. I use Dawn. I love Dawn. It gets my dishes squeaky clean and makes good bubbles that last a good long while.

But let me ask you this: why does dishwashing detergent need a website?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:36 PM

    LOL! I guess it's all about promotion, promotion, promotion. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:16 PM

    From one Beth to another, I don't have a DVR, but I do have a nearly identical blog to yours. Well, template anyway. I'll have to come back and visit! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:44 PM

    A good question! I guess everybody's into advertising these days.

    We got our DVR at Best Buy and went with Directv with the Tivo option. Our local cable company is going to do the direct DVR thing, though, so we're considering it...decisions, decisions.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:11 PM

    Hey Beth! It's Beth again. Just visited your store. Cool stuff! Can I just say that I HATE motivational posters? So those items you have about them are great!! I especially love the pee one. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete