1/02/2012

Counting Down

At this point, the due date for the new baby is in early February - giving us just about 5 weeks to get everything ready. On the one hand, I do know that as long as there are diapers, formula, and a few outfits on hand, all will be well. On the other hand, I really want the nursery finished.

We spent time during Tim's week off getting the room painted and the crib put back together. I made two wall hangings and a crib blanket. I still have curtains to sort out, another wall hanging that I want to add, and a crocheted blanket for which I have bought the yarn but can't decide on a pattern and thus haven't started. And then there's the dresser situation.

See, when the kiddo came, I bought a 3-in-1 crib and matching dresser. He used this until recently when we finally gave in re: the whole "I don't like sleeping in the double bed" issue he was having and got him pseudo-bunk beds at Ikea. That then freed up the crib to be reassembled (rather than being the head and footboard of the double bed). So, great, no new crib needed. But right now the kiddo is still using the dresser. So we're trying to decide between getting him a new dresser that goes with his bunk beds, or getting the baby a new dresser. And really, it's not a critical thing, it's just one of those things that does kind of have to happen before too long.

The only other thing left to do is choose a name, but as Tim insists on seeing the kid before settling on something, I've done as much prep there as can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment