2/03/2021

On Birthdays

 Youngest is 9 today. 

I have every bit as much trouble wrapping my brain around that number as I do the official teenagerdom of eldest. It honestly feels like yesterday we were bringing them home from the hospital.

And every time I think that, I laugh to myself, because such sentiment would have garnered a hearty eye roll from me should my mother have expressed it. 

Ah, how tempus doth fugit when you're not paying attention.

Or even when you are.

Hubby had to go into the office for a bit today, but as all the boys want to do, really, is play Xbox, I figure it's working out okay. I'll probably drag them off here eventually--even on birthdays I don't think it's unreasonable to unplug a little--but where I had thought we'd try to do some school, I guess I'll amend my plans.

Just because I always ended up at school on my birthday growing up doesn't mean they should have to. Or something.

Of course, if they start fighting with each other then there's going to be school But they know that, so they'll probably find a way to get along.

Last night, hubby asked where I thought I'd like us to retire to. Because neither of us is particularly keen to hang in this area forever and ever amen. I honestly don't know how to answer it though, as it seems a really long way away. But the reality is, it could be as little as 12 years hence? And we know how fast the last 13 years flew by. So I'll set the unused portion of the brain a-mulling and see what bubbles up. Despite how short 12 years can be, there's still time. And miles to go before we get there.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all!

    As for retirement? Citizen, you will report to Carrousel at the appropriate time for renewal!

    As a matter of fact, I reckon I've got about nine years left on the job. If we do actually move in retirement (which I don't really want to), it'll most likely be based on where the Gels wind up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...That was me. Blogsplat went off prematurely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, the camps aspect is indeed something to keep in the back of the brain as making the discussion moot.

    But yes, I do think where the boys end up will factor, although at the moment, both are pretty gung ho about being military, which makes being where they are less plannable.

    ReplyDelete