5/08/2021

Ennui for Mother's Day

Motivation has flown out the window the past day or two and I've been trying to put my finger on exactly what the problem is. It hit me a few minutes ago -- it's mother's day.

Mom used to require a big to-do for mother's day. Her birthday was the 11th, so it often fell on the day and so birthday and mother's day were frequently combined. And it was always never quite enough (or so it seemed) or not quite up to her standards.

Regardless, I'm used to the necessity of ramping up toward the day...and this year there's nothing.

Couple that with the fact that this is the weekend we traveled to inter Mom's ashes two years ago (again it seemed fitting at the time. Maybe we didn't think it through as well as we should have. Hindsight.) and I guess grief has decided that it's a great time to come for another little visit.

Hubs continues to ask what I'd like to do tomorrow and he's not reveling in my answer of sleep. Go figure.

Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment