5/02/2022

It's May

The start of May sets off an unending repetition of the song from Camelot (It's May! It's May! The lusty month of May!) for the first several days. I consider that somewhat better than the incessant Justin Timberlake memes one sees everywhere else.

I wonder if he hates them as much as I do.

Hubby has taken great joy in walking around and saying, "I can't believe we're 1/4 of the way through the year!" And...he needs to stop. Because yes, tempus fugit and all that, but can we stop sounding like we're creaky octogenarians for a few minutes?

There may be semi-reprieve on the moving front. He spoke to his boss (also the owner of the company) about his frustration with traffic that means we are going to look around and boss said, "Do you still want to work for me? Because we'll figure that out." And then he trotted out a plan that would allow more working from home with maybe one or two days in the office for lab work that would, on paper at least, appease the beast lodged in hubby's head.

It's a relief. But also crazy-making as I just...don't deal well with change. I had finally started to wrap my head around the inevitability and now it's not inevitable? Or less inevitable? I am glad, for sure. But also not writing it off, because the idea does keep rearing its ugly head, so I guess we'll see what we see.

Parts of a potential move are pleasant in my mind - like having Dad on the property with us. As much as I appreciate that he's fine living alone and yes, he's only 15 minutes away, he'll be 80 in July and he's a type 1 diabetic and there are good reason to have him just a stone's throw away rather than a drive that can range from 10-25 minutes depending. He might beg to differ (he does, in fact, beg to differ) but peace of mind is a nice thing.

I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment