12/17/2022

Quiet Saturdays

Youngest and I find ourselves home alone today, as elder and hubby have headed out with their Trail Life guys (only middle and high) to unload trucks of wreaths at Arlington National Cemetery for the annual bestowing of same on graves.

On the one hand, I applaud the volunteering (and the motivation to get up at 4 am on a Saturday to do so). On the other, I guess there's some conflict about said wreaths and I'm just so tired of everything being cause for and rife with drama.

Still, got a text not long ago with a photo and both looked to be enjoying themselves. So really, all's well that ends well.

Youngest and I did the school that he flat out refused to do yesterday this morning. He lost all his electronics until such time as the school was done, so there was some motivation to actually do it today. And it took so little time that I think even he realizes it wasn't worth it.

Then we played two rounds of Farting Frenchies. It's a card game. It's very boy. You basically have to get enough stinky cards to make each Frenchie (the dog) "fully farted." The boy loves it. I think it's amusing. Is it highbrow? No. Not in the slightest. But whatever, it's fun mom-son time.

Now I'm processing some podcast recordings that my writer-self is part of to get them squared away for our January episodes and he's enjoying some of those electronics he earned back. In another twenty minutes, I'm going to shoo him outside to ride his bike. Maybe I'll take a walk myself. It looks nice out. Might be freezing, but that's what coats are for.

Hubs and elder should be home before too long. I imagine they'll both want naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment