12/28/2023

Betweenness

The week between Christmas and New Year always has that sense of dead time. You're coming down off the high of celebrating with family and remembering that Jesus came because God loves us so ridiculously much. But then a pause. The year dies off and a new one is on the horizon.

Uncertainty looms.

Hubby is off this week, which I love. But for all of that, we haven't really done much of anything. 

I had plans (I always do) that fell by the wayside. And it's fine. (truly) Because I think we all needed rest more than anything else.

Yesterday, hubby and youngest went off to redeem a years old voucher for indoor skydiving. Eldest and I took my sister to the shooting range and then out to lunch.

Eldest has a tight grouping and really solid handling skills. He prefers the glock but does well with the Kimber 1911.

I got to fire both - my second time ever with a handgun, having only previously fired hubby's .357, which I did not love. I have medals for rifle shooting from my younger years, but somehow never made the move to handguns.

I enjoyed it quite a lot. So did eldest, though he's still more stoic about everything and you have to look close to see the glint of joy.

Today, we start to drag ourselves back toward the inevitable reality that Monday is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment